Urban Poverty Alleviation Cell is working to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households of BMC. It creates opportunities to the poor households by enabling them to access gainful self employment and skilled wage employment for having sustainable livelihood.
- Urban Self Employment Programme through Bank linkages for setting up micro-enterprises.
- Urban Self Employment Programme for Skill Up gradation & Capacity building through training.
- Urban Wage Employment Programme by creation of durable Community assets in slums & generation of income for urban poor through wage employment.
- Formation & strengthening of Urban Women Self Help Groups and linkages with banks for setting up group micro enterprises.
Social security measures:
- Supervision & Monitoring of PDS of BPL families.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana & Annapurna Yojana.
- Implementation of National Old Age Pension Yojana, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension & Madhubabu Pension Yojana.
- Implementation of National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS).